shabby1

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Overwhelmed




I wish I could think of some kind of new way to say Thank You.   It is an amazing "problem" to have....  :)  We have been nothing short of overwhelmed by the outpouring of love and support that we have received since we found out that Josiah had Trisomy 18.  I have been so touched by the messages, comments on this blog, cards, emails and every kindness that has been shown to us over the past several months.   We are incredibly grateful for the meals and gift cards  that are being provided for our family.  It is just wonderful to not have to think about getting dinner put together every night.  And there are so many other ways we are shown how much we are cared for.   Gifts of time, of money to help with expenses, provisions for Josiah's memorial service and burial......it really is overwhelming to think about.  And we can't say thank you enough!    To sit back and really know that we have had SO many people praying for us has been one of the biggest blessings in this trial.

We have been so incredibly uplifted by so many other things over the past couple of weeks as well...  and on March 2nd there is another amazing day in the works for our family.  My two dearest and best friends, who have been absolutely incredible supports for me through both the loss of Owen and now Josiah, are putting together a Benefit Dinner on our behalf.  Again....  we are overwhelmed.  Even watching them put this evening together has been well.... overwhelming.  Addison's preschool teachers, our families, our church family, friends and people we don't even know (what a blessing!)  have been just incredible in putting the dinner and silent auction baskets to make this day so amazing for our family.  What can I say but thank you???
Here is the link to the Dinner for anyone who might be able to attend:
http://www.facebook.com/events/483189745081986/



I was scrolling through facebook the other day and a friend of mine from college had posted a link to a blog.  The title of the post caught my eye.  It was called "Mom Body".  Well...I certainly know what that is like, so I clicked on it to read the post.  I didn't look to see who's blog it was or anything like that I just started reading it.  The first thing that made me catch my breath was that the author said she only got to be a mom to her son, Owen for 3 weeks....   Suddenly I felt like there was a whole lot more to this woman that I was going to be relating to.   I read a little farther.  She was talking about Super Bowl Sunday and how she wasn't paying much attention to the game or the commercials because she was watching something unfold thru facebook.  She was praying for a birth that was taking place...and praying that the family would get to spend some time with their baby.

I almost dropped my phone.... She was talking about ME.  She was praying for Josiah and our family.

I don't think I realized until that moment the impact that Josiah's life is was having and is continuing to have.  It is overwhelming.

After I composed myself I realized that I did know Owen's Mommy, although not personally, but I absolutely remember when her son joined our Owen in Heaven....  We prayed for her and her husband as they had to go thru the heartache of losing their son.  I still pray for them and her blog reminds me that we are not the only ones who have walked this road.  I just wish I could fast forward into the future and see how the Lord is working in all this.  I know He is...  I just don't know how.  But, I am seeing glimpses.  This was a glimpse.



Answered prayers are glimpses too... I have had some time to just sit and think about Josiah and his big life and I am starting to come out of the fog a little bit.  There were BIG answers to prayer on February 3rd.that I talked about in my last post.  But now, I'm starting to think about other ways in which the Lord worked everything out on Josiah's birthday.  Just one quick one I wanted to share with you had to do with our family being healthy for his delivery.  Braden, Addison and Owen were all summer babies....I have never had a winter baby before.  I never had to worry about us being sick around my due date!   And this winter has been terrible...the flu, strep, crazy fevers... all sorts of nastiness going around.   About 2 weeks before I was to be induced I tried to quarantine our house as much as possible... I was so scared that my kids might get the flu and wouldn't be allowed up on the maternity ward when Josiah was born.  I didn't know if we were going to be able to bring him home or not and I was terrified that they might not be able to meet him.  I just wanted us to all be able to be with him for however long we had him.   Sure enough, the Thursday before I was to be induced Addison woke up with a crazy high temperature.  It was 104.7...she was burning up.  I took her as soon as I could to the dr. where she tested negative for strep & the flu.  It was just a virus that she had to work through.  The last random virus she had lasted about a week...and was followed up by a terrible cough for another week.  Argghhhh!!   She had about 5 days to get better before I was to be induced AND Braden needed to stay healthy!  I know there were prayers going up for us....  Addison's fever broke around noon on Saturday.  Josiah decided on Sunday morning that he wasn't going to wait until Tuesday to join us and my water broke.  How is that for answered prayer??  OH......and Braden never did get any signs of that virus.

Thank you Lord for showing us that your Hand is in the details....

"Hear, O Lord, when I cry aloud;
be gracious to me and answer me!
You have said, "Seek my face."
My heart says to you,
Your face, Lord, do I seek."
Psalm 27:7-8

In Him,
Cat


No comments:

Post a Comment